Senatorial candidate Rodrigo “Jiggy” Manicad has vowed to craft a law that will further develop the country’s business process outsourcing (BPO) industry if he wins a Senate seat. Manicad said the law will include measures that would enhance workers’ skills and promote services using artificial intelligence (AI). He said call center agents might find themselves unemployed in the next three to five years unless the Philippines adopts AI technological innovations to compete with other countries. “If we want our BPO industry to remain competitive, we have to level up by providing more AI solutions such as facial and voice recognition, user communication, and data processing,” said Manicad. The Philippines is in the top ten BPO preferences of many leading companies abroad. Manicad said that since the country is already a key global player in the BPO industry, it should invest in training, skills building, and research to upgrade the capabilities of its workers.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information