Business process outsourcing (BPO) has been identified as one of the so-called “Seven Big Winner Sectors” in the Philippines that the government should continue to support. Joining BPO in the “Seven Big Winner Sectors” are agriculture, creative industries, infrastructure, manufacturing and logistics, mining, and tourism. The seven sectors were identified by foreign businessmen under the Arangkada Philippines Project, a four-year, USD1m project, with additional funding from the American Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines (AmCham). According to John Forbes, senior adviser at Amcham, the next Philippine administration should continue to support the seven sectors to sustain the country’s robust economic growth story.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information