The growing business process outsourcing (BPO) industry in the Philippines has a lot of potential to attract a more significant number of clients from the European Union. This was revealed by Guenter Taus, president of the European Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines (ECCP), in an interview with the Business World. Taus cited the country’s business process management and maritime sector as those that have an advantage when it comes to attracting investments from the EU. However, Taus said the Philippine government needs to address a number of issues for the country to reap the full benefits of a free trade agreement with the EU. Among the issues that need to be focused on are the country’s poor infrastructure and red tape.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information