The Board of Investments (BOI) Southern Mindanao said business process outsourcing (BPO) was one of the top investment enquiry sources in Mindanao in the first half of this year. BPO joins public-private partnerships, manufacturing, infrastructure, power generation, resource-based agriculture and mass housing in taking up the bulk of the investment leads in the first six months of the year. BOI-Southern Mindanao said investment inquiries in Mindanao surged to P886.75 billion in the first semester, with the BOI office receiving daily inquiries from foreign investors. BOI-Southern Mindanao chief Gil Dureza said the peace and order program of the new president was in part responsible for triggering the interest of the foreign investors.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information