Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña is willing to accommodate private operators to provide special bus services for business process outsourcing (BPO) workers. The workers will pay a nominal fare. The mayor said one bus company has already expressed interest to provide the service. He said the priority for the Cebu City government is the safety of the public. At present, they’re providing free bus rides to BPO workers from midnight to 6 a.m. The shuttle services are free as imposing a fare would require a franchise from the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board. The operations started on November 12th, over a month after the killing of call center agent, Loraine Temple. Ms. Temple was killed on October 3rd on Pope John Paul II Avenue in Barangay Mabolo, Cebu City. She reportedly put up a fight against two motorcycle-riding robbers who shot her in the chest before fleeing with her bag.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information