Business process outsourcing companies are eyed as among the first locators in the newly launched Zamboanga City Special Economic Zone (Zamboecozone) in the island of Mindanao. Zamboecozone head of corporate relations, Alfonso Basilio Marquez, said BPO companies are among the 20 additional locators targeted in 2016 in the economic zone, although he did not mention the names of the BPO companies interested in setting up shops in Zamboecozone. In 2015, the value of investment commitments approved for Zamboecozone reached Php9.7bn, up from Php9.8m in 2013. The Zamboecozone is a government-owned and controlled corporation developed into a decentralized, self-reliant, and self-sustaining agro-industrial, commercial, financial, investment and tourist center and Freeport, with suitable retirement and residential areas. It is the only economic zone with a Freeport status in the central and southern Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information