IT and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP) vice chairman Lito Tayag called on the business process outsourcing (BPO) companies in the Philippines to focus on what they do best despite the new policies of US President Donald Trump. Trump’s “Buy American. Hire American” rule might have an effect on the local BPO sector but Tayag said the industry will continue to thrive. despite the looming challenge if it can improve its skills competence. Tayag, who is also director of Accenture Philippines, said one way of fighting the inclusive American rule is to leverage on people. According to Emmanuel Leyco, economist professor at the Asian Institute of Management, the country’s BPO sector may suffer an economic headwind from Trump’s agenda in bringing back jobs to America.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information