Business process outsourcing (BPO) companies have been urged to fully participate in upcoming earthquake drills as they have among the biggest workforces in the commercial sector. Juan Tormis, administrator of the Cebu Business Park, made the call following the latest drill, which showed that some companies still lack medical response and evacuation plans. The drill assures occupants of buildings at the Cebu Business Park that they will be safer during an emergency, Tormis said. Most of the building occupants at the CBP are BPOs. Tormis said that these companies need to enhance their handling skills during emergencies and fully equip their resources.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information