Confident that the business process outsourcing sector in the Philippines remains “alive and kicking,” TELUS International Philippines announced on Friday its plan to recruit up to 5,000 new workers by 2020. If things go according to plan, the firm’s workforce is expected to reach 19,000 by that time from the present 14,000, said Carlos Giammattei, company director for brand, marketing, and culture in the Philippines. According to the executive, TELUS is in the process of equipping its employees as it gears up to embrace automation and artificial intelligence in its systems and processes. In an interview with ANC’s Early Edition, Giammattei admitted the need for the company to integrate into AI. He added that he expects the BPO sector to remain upbeat for the next five years in the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information