Top executives of the country’s information technology – business process outsourcing (IT-BPO) industry have expressed their support to the presidential bid of Manuel Roxas II, whom they described as the ‘Father of the IT-BPO’. The expression of support for Roxas, the industry’s administration standard bearer, came after Roxas met with IT-BPO executives recently. According to Jeanine Nevada of Convergys, there is a need to remind colleagues and the young voters of the contribution of Roxas to the development of the call center industry. Nevada said top executives of the IT-BPO industry want to ensure that the BPO population of voters understand that Roxas travelled extensively to convince foreign investors to consider the Philippines in their BPO investments. The industry now employs 1.3 million Filipinos and generates USD25bn in revenues.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information