The latest Monster Employment Index (MEI) for the Philippines revealed that online hiring by business process outsourcing (BPO) saw 0% year-on-year growth. According to the report, from August 2017 to August 2018 retail and healthcare were the two industries that saw the highest growth in online recruitment activity at 40% and 33%, respectively. Despite the stagnation in online hiring by BPOs, the country saw an overall online hiring growth of 18% year-on-year. The latest report showed that job seekers should look beyond BPO and IT-enabled services when looking for jobs online. During the past few years, the industry dominated the market in terms of online job hiring. The MEI is a monthly gauge of online job posting activity culled from across the Philippines of a large representative selection of career websites and online job listings.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information