Online technology courses will soon be offered to business process outsourcing (BPO) workers in a bid to upgrade their skills and prepare them for higher-value jobs. The development came following the launching of the Information Technology and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP) Learning Switch portal. The portal offers hundreds of Microsoft courses in eight learning tracks. It also features exercises, quizzes and activities, allowing users to earn globally-recognized certificates from Microsoft. Users that complete each track are eligible for a Microsoft Professional Program Master Certificate. IBPAP has partnered with CloudSwyft Global Systems Inc. to establish the platform. CloudSwyft offers over 160 tech courses. Rey Untal, IBPAP president and chief executive officer, said the program is focused on upskilling and reskilling the industry workers for them to adapt to the technological advances. Untal urged more Filipinos to take advantage of the opportunity.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information