Philippine property developer Megaworld posted a net income of P3.39bn in Q2 of this year, up 10% from the same period last year, thanks to aggressive expansion of the group’s leasing portfolio, escalation of rental rates and high demand for office space from BPO companies. For H1, Megaworld generated revenues amounting to P23.03bn, 5% higher from P22.01 billion. Recently, Megaworld unveiled office developments to form the ‘Visayas BPO Triangle’. It will open eight new office towers in Iloilo Business Park, the Mactan Newtown in Cebu and the Upper East in Bacolod. According to Megaworld treasurer Francis Canuto, creating the Visayas BPO Triangle will allow the group to streamline its growth strategy in its rental portfolio.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information