After being the top job generator in the country in recent years, the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry is now undergoing a slowdown in online hiring, according to the latest Monster Employment Index (MEI). The index showed online job hiring activity in the BPO / IT-Enabled Services sector dropped 3% year-on-year in July, even as the overall online hiring activities in the country increased by 18% from a year earlier. The MEI, which gauges online job posting activities, further showed that only the BPO/ITES industry failed to grow in the month. However, Abhijeet Mukherjee, CEO of Monster.com, APAC and Middle East, said the industry’s online hiring activity is expected to improve in the coming months. In July, the highest performing industry was retail, which was up 39%, followed by healthcare and logistics, which also reported 33% and 31% growth, respectively.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information