Wipro, India’s third largest software exporter and outsourcing firm, has announced plans to combine four of its business units into its parent company. The plan will be decided upon when Wipro’s shareholders meet. The company, which also operates one of the biggest BPO firms in the Philippines, said four of its business entities – Wipro Technologies Austria, Wipro Information Technology Austria, New Logic Technologies SARL, and Appirio India Cloud Solutions – will be merged into Wipro Limited. In a statement, Wipro said the combination will form a new entity that will house the combined assets and liabilities of all the companies. Wipro Limited recently announced that it has closed a 10-year, US$1.5-billion contract from Alight Solutions LLC, in what the company considers as its biggest deal to date.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information