Online hiring in the Philippines declined by 2% in July as outsourcing activities in the country have eased, according to data released by online jobs portal Monster.com. Its Monster Employment Index (MEI), slipped to 97 from 99 year-on-year for online hiring in the country. Still, despite the overall decline in outsourcing activities in July, customer service talent remained the most in demand, with a 5% year-on-year growth in online hiring. Monster.com said customer service was the only occupation with positive demand among employers during the period. Sanjay Modi, managing director of Monster.com APAC and the Middle East, said the growing competition from China’s presence in the global outsourcing sector has shaken the local outsourcing industry.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information