Revenues from the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry and remittances from Filipinos working abroad will almost equal each other this year, generating a total of more than USD51bn this year, according to ING Bank senior economist Joey Cuyegkeng. In a report, Cuyegkeng said outsourcing revenues were expected to increase 15% to 16% this year and will average 15% per annum in the next four years. Remittances from Filipinos working abroad, in contrast, were expected to grow by at least 3% this year and average 3% to 4% in the next four years. The central bank has retained its 4% growth target for remittances this year.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information