The IT & Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP) said industry leaders are keen on adding another one million outsourcing jobs in the next six years on top of the current 1.3 million jobs. Rainerio Borja, one of the founders and former chairman of IBPAP, said industry leaders have already met with key cabinet members of incoming President Rodrigo Duterte to seek assurance of the administration’s support. Duterte’s support will be crucial for the industry as it takes on the next steps to achieve the goals that will be outlined in the 2022 ICT-BPM Roadmap. Borja said industry players would like to continue the growth trend in the coming years with the support of the incoming administration. He said the industry needs the help of the incoming government to sustain the growth pace of the industry.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information