The Philippine peso will continue to be stable despite the volatile global financial markets, thanks to the country’s steady remittances and business process outsourcing (BPO) revenues. According to the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd (BTMU), the peso will be shielded by the remittances from Filipinos abroad as well as BPO revenues. It pointed out BPO revenue offers better support to the peso as its growth pace is at least twice the projected 4% growth in cash remittances this year. The 2022 IT-Business Processing Association of the Philippines roadmap sees the IT-business process management sector booking USD39bn worth of revenues and creating 7.6 million additional jobs.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information