Japanese digital pens manufacturer Wacom is expecting an upsurge in demand for its product in the Philippines as more people will be assigned to handle knowledge-based jobs. The forecast is based on the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry’s transition to knowledge produces outsourcing (KPO) to address the challenges posed by artificial intelligence. Wacom Philippines country manager Antonius Malabanan said that the Philippines is the top source for talents of studios, such as Disney, Hannah Barbera and Pixar. He said education and animation are the growth drivers in the country. Malabanan also noticed that the Philippines is gradually veering away from the traditional voice-based services into skill-based offerings.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information