Latest data released by the IT and Business Processing Association of the Philippines (IBPAP) showed that the revenues of its members increased 12% last year to an estimated US$21.3 billion. The figure was higher than the USD18.99 billion revenues posted a year earlier, although the rate of increase was slower than the 24% rise in 2014. As the outsourcing industry continues to expand, stakeholders are pushing that the proposal to form a dedicated government ICT department will finally be approved. According to 18 major local and foreign business chambers in a joint letter to current president Aquino, such a department, which many countries have, will provide the appropriate support to help keep the country’s massively important ICT sector on a growth track.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information