The country’s business process outsourcing (BPO) sector has already expressed its interest in raising awareness on data privacy issues, according to National Privacy Commission (NPC) commissioner Raymund Liboro. He also added that the BPO sector is contributing inputs for the draft implementing rules and regulations (IRR) of the Data Privacy Act, which was enacted into law in 2012. The Data Privacy Act provides for the protection of the personal information of Filipinos in the IT systems of government and the private sector. The NPC seeks to raise awareness on data privacy, ensure compliance of data controllers, and strictly enforces related laws. The NPC was formed by President Benigno Aquino III in March 2016, or nearly four years after the signing of the Data Privacy Law.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information