The Philippine Department of Finance (DOF) said alternative sources of dollar inflows, such as the business process outsourcing (BPO) sector, must be strengthened to protect the economy fro external volatilities. The DOF made the pronouncement as it called on the incoming administration to sustain investment in human capital. It said investment in human capital must be a sustained objective of the government to ensure the deployment of Filipino workers abroad will continue. Along with this, the DOF also said the BPO sector and other alternative sources of dollar inflow must be strengthened to provide a buffer for the economy against outside volatilities.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information