Local economies around the Philippines are flourishing, thanks to the booming business process outsourcing (BPO) sector. According Leechiu Properties Consultants, the BPO sector has evolved into a booster of local businesses where an outsourcing operation is located. The indirect employment as a result of BPO operations in one location could be as much as 2.5 times as many people employed by the BPO operation, said Leechiu Properties Consultants CEO David Leechiu. The BPO ecosystem includes business establishments sprouting within the immediate vicinity and locations with BPO operations generally need convenience stores, canteens, and support facilities such as coffee shops, groceries, restaurants among others, according to Leechiu.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information