The Department of Finance (DOF) said business process outsourcing (BPO) firms will retain their VAT exemptions and zero-rated status despite the implementation of the government’s Comprehensive Tax Reform Program. DOF Undersecretary Karl Kendrick Chua said the fear that the Philippine BPO industry will lose its competitiveness because of the proposed tax reform has no basis. He said there is no change in tax policy for exporters, including BPO companies. BPO firms in special economic zones will continue to enjoy VAT exemption while those outside the zone will retain their zero-rated status.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information