Conduent, the business process outsourcing unit of Xerox Corporation, is reportedly shutting down two call centers in the US as part of a strategic transformation initiative. The shutdown, which involves two call centers in Webster and Rochester, eliminates nearly 200 positions, according to reports. Sean Collins, Conduent’s Director of Corporate Communications, was quoted as saying that some jobs of the Rochester call center will be transferred to Irondequoit, where a new call center is launched. Employees have already been notified about the decision.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information