Philippine Senator Sonny Angara has assured business process outsourcing (BPO) firms that tax incentives they currently enjoy will stay even with the implementation of the new tax reform program. The tax incentives, Angara said, will attract more BPO investments and thus spur economic growth and job creation in the Philippines. BPO investments have been a big help in sustaining the country’s economic growth for the past years and the government values their contribution, Angara stressed. The BPO sector earlier expressed concern that removing the tax incentives could make doing BPO business in the Philippines more expensive than in India.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information