Despite the threat of automation and artificial intelligence, the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry will continue to be the country’s “sunshine industry”. Everest Group Global Sourcing Partner H Karthik said BPO will remain the Philippines’ sunshine industry because the Philippines has the capacity to adapt, innovate and influence the changes that will be needed. Karthik said the Philippines is poised to be at the helm of shaping future customer experience, which will remain heavily dependent on high-quality talent with high empathy skills. Everest Group, however, cited the need for companies to invest significantly in building technology and talent for handling automation, AI and analytics.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information