With the growing popularity of robots and artificial intelligence (AI), workers in the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry are being advised to improve the level of their skills to remain competitive in the industry. Accenture said in its Technology Vision report 2016 that while there is a growing trend in the use of robots in the industry, robotics actually complement the workforce. Observers have been saying that robots may replace many of the BPO workers in the next five years, but Accenture digital group lead JP Palpallatoc said the use of robots could mean that people may now better focus on highly-specialized tasks than on menial jobs that robots can handle. The Accenture report, which was based on a survey of 3,100 business and IT executives across 11 countries, noted that 70% of corporate executives have increased AI-related technology investments in the last two years.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information