More than a dozen former workers of a business process outsourcing (BPO) company in Dumaguete City staged a protest action near a shopping center. According to the police about 15 people were sighted in the area around 9:30 am last Monday, carrying placards that were intended for a BPO company. One of the 100 workers dismissed from the firm said the BPO company violated the workers’ rights because they were dismissed without just cause and without a due process. Candido Ebarle, Secretary General of militant group Kabataan in Negros Oriental said dismissal among tenured workers is now a trend in BPO companies to avoid the responsibility of giving workers benefits and incurring higher labor costs.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information