Remittances from overseas Filipino workers is projected to slowdown, but an economist from ING Bank said the country’s business process outsourcing (BPO) industry can take up the slack. Jose Mario Cuyegkeng, ING Bank economist said the rapid expansion of the country’s BPO sector would still allow the country’s external payments position to remain positive. Outsourcing revenues, he said, are expected to rise by 15-16% this year. The central bank, meanwhile, trimmed its projection for remittance growth to 4% from 5% previously for 2015. Cuyegkeng’s statement adds to claims of economists that BPO receipts will outpace that of remittances in the next few years.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information