The business process outsourcing (BPO) sector remains the top-employment sector in the Philippines, accounting for 38% of the country’s total workforce, according to data released by JobStreet.com. The study further revealed that the high salary in the country’s IT sector will continue to encourage and create a stronger industry workforce. Professionals in the IT sector remain the highest-paid employees in the country, JobStreet.com said. Lawyer Jocelle Batapa-Sigue, executive director of Bacolod-Negros Occidental Federation for Information and Communications Technology said that every year there is an annual estimated two million unfilled positions in the IT sector worldwide. Batapa-Sigue was speaker at the 2017 Institute of Computer Engineers of the Philippines – Negros Island Region Regional Convention.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information