A recognized Google developer in the Philippines has urged the Information Technology-Business Process Management (IT-BPM) to pay attention to making its talent pool better or risk losing to other countries. Albert Padin, the only recognized Google developer in the country, said developers need to get better and stay relevant to entice companies to locate here instead of going to China. Padin was in Cebu for Code Camp, a gathering of more than 1,600 developers from all over the country. Padin said the main challenge of a developer is to always keep up and stay updated. He also said that Cebu’s IT-BPM sector, which employs around 150,000 presently, is known for its good performance in voice services as well as some non-voice transactions.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information