Business process outsourcing (BPO) companies are told to prepare for the disruption that will be brought about by artificial intelligence (AI). According to Dr. Ted Ladd, an American technology and business expert, the technology for AI is already here and while the AI’s impact on BPOs will start to be felt in five years, Ladd says BPOs and entrepreneurs should already be preparing for this. He suggested that companies should look for new opportunities that will be opened by AI, adding that AI solutions could even come from Manila. Additionally, Ladd said some of the creative talents in the BPO industry should create algorithms that are necessary for AI.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information