The weakening of the peso is advantageous for the IT-BPM sector but the Contact Center Association of the Philippines (CCAP) is hoping for a more stable currency. CCAP chairman Benedict C. Hernandez said that while a weaker peso means more earnings for the industry, the sector prefers a stable currency to make business planning less challenging. Hernandez said the weakening of the peso is a positive trend but industry players do not want the rate to be changing substantially every year. He said the industry has always espoused a stable foreign exchange rate to provide more predictability against frequent fluctuations in the peso’s value.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information