Indonesian president Joko Widodo has urged young entrepreneurs in his country to explore major business opportunities in the business process outsourcing (BPO) sector. He cited how the Philippines had successfully managed to generate an annual revenue of USD25bn from the BPO sector. However, the Indonesian leader said Indonesia can level up and offer graphic design, animation, and software development instead of just offering telemarketing, just like the Philippines. Widodo said the BPO, tourism, and e-commerce are three business areas that can be explored by young Indonesian entrepreneurs. Philippine BPO players are currently looking for ways to level up their offerings to include outsourcing of skilled works, such as design, animation, accounting, and more.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information