Communications Secretary Martin Andanar expressed confidence that American business process outsourcing (BPO) companies will not pull out of the Philippines. Andanar said keeping their BPO operations in the country will be to the best interests of American businessmen. Andanar made the comment after President Duterte declared a Philippine “separation” from the US after the US criticized the Duterte administration’s drug war marked by allegations of summary killings. Andanar said American businessmen know that they would save more in the Philippines. He also noted the capability of Filipino BPO workers to speak English in American, British, and Australian accents.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information