To evaluate and strengthen the startup ecosystem in Cagayan de Oro (CDO), about 20 technology entrepreneurs from the city gathered for a ‘mapping session’ event with focused group discussions, aimed at improving the global information technology and business process management (IT-BPM) perception of CDO. According to engineer Eugene Raposala III of the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT), investors typically have a score card to determine whether a city has a suitable ecosystem for their intended activities. During the session, successful tech startup entrepreneurs shared their experiences on how they had built their own businesses and gave advice to those aspiring tech startup entrepreneurs attending. The mapping session is intended to support DICT’s ‘seedPH’ program that aims to build supportive networks that improve the startup ecosystems in local communities.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information