The Canadian Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines has revealed that many Canadian businessmen are holding back investments in the country for fear that the government’s foreign investments policy will change when the new President is elected. Chamber president Julian Payne told reporters that Canadian investors will be closely watching presidential candidates to know their platforms and policies with regard to investments. Cebu has one Canadian outsourcing company, Bombardier Transportation, although a number of Canadian companies have already inquired about the city’s outsourcing potential. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has already expressed a desire to review trade agreements with the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information