As the Philippine business process outsourcing (BPO) industry continues to thrive, a BPO company executive said the industry should develop its ability to go multilingual. In an interview with the Manila Bulletin, Scott Stavretis, the Australian CEO of ACQUIRE BPO, said he would appreciate if the Philippine government will include in its curriculum other languages, such as Spanish. Through this, he added, the country’s image as a flexible global BPO hub will be strengthened. Stavretis emphasized that the only reason why ACQUIRE BPO decided to build a new BPO operation in the Dominican Republic is to be able to serve the company’s Spanish-speaking clients. Already, the company has expanded to 12 state-of-the-art facilities in Australia, the Philippines, the US and the Dominican Republic with 7,000 employees.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information