American private-equity firm Carlyle Group LP is acquiring 70% of VXI Global Solutions LLC, a China-focused outsourcing business, in what is considered as a big bet on the future of the outsourcing industry in China. The acquisition values VXI Global Solutions at around USD1bn, according to a Wall Street Journal report. The deal is expected to be completed in the coming months. Although China’s business process outsourcing (BPO) industry in still smaller than those in India and the Philippines, Carlyle’s investment points to a belief that China has a good future in the outsourcing industry. The report said owners of VXI Global Solutions will continue to hold minority stakes in the company. VXI Global, which also has operations in the Philippines, has 17,000 employees across the globe. The company is based in Los Angeles.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information