Business process outsourcing (BPO) companies in Cebu City have pooled resources to donate the first batch of computer units to seven public schools in Cebu. The computer donation is part of the Malasakit Tech2Teach program which provides computer units to public schools in remote areas to help implement the Department of Education (DepEd) computer education program. The schools were pre-identified by DepEd. The initiative was developed after education officials learned that some BPO companies when upgrading their computer units often have no further use for their old computers. About 1,000 units will be given to school recipients for the first phase and another 1,000 units in the course of the rest of the year.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information