The annual Inter-BPO Volleyball tournament in Cebu, due to start on August 11, will come with the added benefit of an accompanying travelling job fair. According to organizers, this year’s tournament will be held in a range of venues in the city’s barangays, and not just in one location as in previous years. As well as volleyball games, there will also be job fairs held in every venue, according to tournament chairperson Giovanni Devero. The proceeds of the two-month long tournament will be used as funding for an education program or ‘Brigada Eskwela’, that provides financial aid in the education of promising students in partner barangays. According to organizers, this year will be the first time that the tournament will partner with the Cebu City Government through the Cebu City Call Center Program. The program was created to cater to the needs and welfare of the BPO companies in Cebu as well as their employees. The Cebu Inter-BPO Volleyball tournament was launched in 2011.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information