The Cebu City government will provide free bus rides for business process outsourcing (BPO) workers. In a Facebook post, Mayor Tomas Osmeña said from midnight to 6 a.m. two buses will shuttle BPO employees working in I.T. Park in Barangay Apas. The buses will serve two routes. Route one covers the uptown areas with stops at J.Y. Square, Capitol, Fuente Osmeña, Harrison Park, and Abellana National School. Route two will have designated stops at F. Cabahug Street, Hipodromo, T. Padilla, the corners of South Osmeña Street and Osmeña Boulevard, and Metro Colon. The additional routes are on top of the existing free bus rides to and from Barangay Talamban and Cebu Business Park. The mayor decided to implement the free shuttle system on October 5th, two days after the robbery and murder of a call center agent on Pope John Paul II Avenue in Barangay Mabolo.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information