A bus company will soon provide free shuttle services for business process outsourcing (BPO) employees working at the Cebu IT Park in Barangay Apas. The development came after the Cebu City Council approved a resolution authorizing Mayor Tomas Osmeña to enter into a memorandum of agreement with Metro Rapid Transit Service Inc. (MRTSI), the operator of MyBus lines. The MyBus will augment the city government’s free transportation services for BPO workers. Councilor Mary Ann de los Santos, who penned the resolution , said MyBus will ferry passengers for free from the intersection of Juan Luna Avenue and M.J. Cuenco Avenue in Barangay Mabolo to the Cebu IT Park. Three MyBus units will be deployed in the area from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. The free bus services will start once the agreement is signed, said de los Santos.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information