Senior high school graduates in Cebu are already being hired by call center firms in the city, and other BPO firms are opening their doors to them for suitable posts when they arise. According to Cebu IT-BPM Organization (CIB.O) managing director Wilfredo Sa-a Jr., Cebu-based call center firms are such as Convergys and Qualfon are leading the pack in taking on the new batch of employable graduates. This year, Sa-a said about 10,000 senior high graduates in Cebu are likely to get jobs in call centers. Significantly, these call center firms also allow their employees to pursue their college education while working at the same time. CIB.O has partnered with the Cebu City government for the Learning English Application for Pinoys (LEAP) program, a government-funded program that aims to improve the oral communication skills of students.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information