The Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) will solicit comments from industry leaders on boosting the Philippine ICT industry. It aims to do this, in part, by crafting the National ICT Ecosystem Framework (NIEF) 2022 with the non-profit group, Internet Society, which focuses on internet development. Through NIEF 2022, the government seeks to expand people’s access to information and communications technologies. This initiative underscores the DICT’s commitment to helping the nation access information and communication technologies and the development of the ICT sector. Approximately 67 million people are connected to the Internet in the Philippines, making ICT a key area of development. The National ICT Ecosystem Framework 2022 aims to achieve an environment that includes integrated planning and policy measures to encourage different parties to use ICT collaboratively while promoting accessibility, security and the sustainability.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information