The Cebu City Council has approved the renewal of contract of service of Mayor Tomas Osmeña’s consultants for business processing outsourcing (BPO) sector. City councilors recently gave their approval to the measure, renewing the services of three consultants including Nanette Garong. The contract covers the period of July 1 to Dec. 31, 2018. Garong as a BPO consultant receives a monthly remuneration of P18,000 and among her tasks are bridging the city government and the BPO industry, and addressing BPO-related concerns. Garong also heads the city’s call center program, which provides job opportunities for single mothers and out-of-school youth. The establishment of the Call Center City, a planned center where call center agents can work and pursue studies at the same time, at South Road Properties is part of the program. The project is expected to produce at least 30,000 masters-degree holders annually and to generate 150,000 jobs.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information