Cebu City Mayor Osmeña has announced plans to shut down two buildings occupied by business process outsourcing (BPO) companies at the Cebu IT Park. The owners of the buildings reportedly have violated the building code for using their parking spaces to house call center offices. The mayor’s action followed complaints from call center agents that they do not have enough parking spaces at the IT park and that existing parking spaces charge high parking fees. Osmeña said he is not going after call centers but building owners that violate the city’s rules and regulations.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information