Citing personal and work-related reasons, Information and Communications Secretary Rodolfo Salalima has resigned as head of the newly created Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT). President Rodrigo Duterte confirmed that he has accepted the resignation letter of Salalima. President Duterte was quoted as saying that Salalima resigned because he used to be connected with a telecommunication firm. However, Salalima told DICT employees that he wanted to step down because he can no longer deal with corruption and interference. Duterte said he would still talk to Salalima about his resignation, but revealed that he is now looking for a successor.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information